AskClare

AskClare

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kids -- are they for you or against you

Kids can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. How many kids you know grow up and despise their parents or even worse kill them. Are these kids you are making going to be for you or against you? Right now my 2 year old is running around banging on doors, kicking her siblings in their head, screaming at the top of her lungs for her brother to give her the pencil, and just been a terrible two.

Should I:

A) Call her downstairs and ask her to please do not do that, and explain, its not nice to do those things and make all that noise.
B) Go upstairs and sit her on the couch and put on Nick Jr and hope that the cartoon calm her down
C) Return the favors that she is giving out upstairs! That means I will run up the stairs, kick her in the head lol, and scream at her to sit her behind down and don't move a finger.

I know what you are saying, and thinking but right now that don't matter since I am the one blogging. Instead of telling you the correct option, I will just leave it up to my readers. But I will say this - Don't let a child act like a grown up. Do not let your kids run all over you because it can turn from a toddler acting an azz to and adult acting an azz. As a parent it's your job to inform your kids whats right and whats wrong. Screaming is never appropriate along with putting any of their body parts on another human being.

I pay the cost to be the boss so inside my household I be damn if a child raise their voice higher than a normal 2 year old voice should go and I am going to leave it at that.

Which option are you?